We provide services and help facilitate placements for Medical Students, Doctors in Training and Consultants
Who’s who in Medical Education?
Director of Medical Education – Prof. Morwenna Wood
Prof. Wood is a Consultant Nephrologist who was appointed as Director of Medical Education (DME) in November 2008. Contact via MES
- Associate Director of Medical Education Secondary Care – Dr Martin Clark, Consultant Anaesthetist and Simulation Lead. Contact via MES
- Associate Director of Medical Education Primary Care: Dr Sonia Devereux, GP in Newburgh Surgery. Contact via MES
- Foundation Programme Directors – Dr Melvin Carew & Dr Surinder Panpher Dr Carew is FPD for S6 and Dr Panpher is FPD for S8 and both are Consultant's in Emergency Medicine. Contact via MES
- Clinical Skills & Simulation Facilitator – Mrs June Adamson - June runs the clinical skills and simulation training for medical students and doctors in training. Email:email@example.com or ext 21642
- Clinical Skills & Simulation Nurse - Mrs Lorna Albrock - Lorna works with June delivering clinical skills and simulation training for medical students and doctors in training. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 27090
- Clinical Teaching Fellow (Patient Safety) – Ms Mairi McKinley - Mairi delivers and co-ordinates on patient safety training for medical students and doctors in training. Email: email@example.com or ext 20168
- Clinical Teaching Fellow - MES Pharmacist - Mrs Lyn McDonald - Lyn delivers the prescribing teaching to medical students and doctors in training. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Education Services Manager – Sophie Ali.
Sophie works closely with the DME to develop medical education and manages the Medical Education Service. Email: email@example.com 21461
- Medical Education Quality Manager – Alex Mackay. Alex leads on all quality related issues in medical education and co-ordinates training educational supervisors. Email: Alexander.firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 27936
- Education Centre Manager – Mrs Ann Sheach. Ann manages the Education Centres and co-ordinates the postgraduate teaching and training programmes in NHS Fife Email: email@example.com Ext. 21723
- Undergraduate Co-ordinator –Ms Danielle Scott. Danielle co-ordinates the undergraduate teaching and training programmes in NHS Fife. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 22051
- ScotGEM Co-ordinator - Mrs Amanda Duff. Amanda supports the post-graduate medicine programme, ScotGEM. Email: email@example.com 21598
- Postgraduate Co-ordinator & eRostering – Alex Wilson, supports the Medical Education Quality Manager, postgraduate education and eRostering.
- Medical Education Administrative Assistant – Karen Hogg. Karen provides administrative support to the Department, reception, and classroom bookings for VHK and QMH Education Centres. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 28831
- Clinical Skills Admin Assistant – Grant Thomson. Grant provides support to June Adamson in setting up clinical skills models, simulation equipment as well as admin support. Email:email@example.com
- TUBS Support – Steven Klym. Steven is the background support for TUBS. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is Medical Education?
Medical Education Services are located in the Education Centres at Victoria and Queen Margaret Hospitals. Both Centres in each site are in Phase 2, Level 2. VHK Education Centre is staffed 0830 to 1600 hours Mondays to Fridays and QMH Education centre is staffed on a rotational bases throughout the week. See Room Booking and Facilities for further information including directions
Main Email address: email@example.com
Room bookings email address: Fife-UHB.MESBookingRequests@nhs.net
Victoria Hospital, Hayfield Road, Kirkcaldy, Fife KY2 5AH
Queen Margaret Hospital, Whitefield Road, Dunfermline, Fife KY12 0SU
Tel: 01592 643355 ext 28831
Local Support Services
- Undergraduate placement support for Medical Students in NHS Fife from the Universities of Dundee, Edinburgh and St Andrews.
- Turas support for doctors in training management system and ePortfolio
- NES approved Core Education Programmes
- Royal Colleges Programmes for CMT/ACCS, EMU, PACES
- Induction and Shadowing for Doctors
- Virtual Induction Passport -The VIP is a Doctors LearnPro on-line training package to support Induction for those within the South East of Scotland area.
- TUBS – tutorialbooking.com support for administration of teaching and training programmes to medical students, doctors in training and senior doctors
- Course Management-Advice and guidance on Course Management to co-ordinators of events is available.
- Video-Conferencing & Telephone-Conferencing-Our Education Centres have facilities to support video-Conferencing Jabber and a telephone-conferencing services. Medical Education has also invested in facilities at other NHS Fife establishments to ensure delivery of Core and Undergraduate Medical Education.
- Library Services-The Medical Education Services are committed to supporting the NHS Fife Library Services and invests in the provision of study materials (books, on-line resources), computers, furniture and fittings to ensure that medical students and doctors in training receive high quality resources.