The Kirkcaldy & Levenmouth Community Services website has been designed to provide information; to care professionals and the general public, and about the role and range of activities delivered in Kirkcaldy & Levenmouth by NHS Fife.
What makes up Kirkcaldy & Levenmouth Community Services?
The service responsibilities managed for local population:
- Independent Contractors Services (eg, GPs, Dentists, Pharmacists, Optometrists
- Public Health Nursing
- Community Nursing
- Community Managed Physiotherapy
- Community Managed Podiatry
- Integrated Response Teams (health component)
- Enhanced Healthcare Team
- Community Hospital Services
- Community Access to Outpatient & Diagnostic Services
- Support to Community Based Services provided by the voluntary sector
Service responsibilities managed for the whole of NHS Fife:
- Contraceptive & Sexual Health Services
- Dietetics & Nutrition
- Older Peoples Services, including those in:
- Randolph Wemyss Hospital
- Carlyle ward, Whytemans Brae Hospital
- Cameron Hospital
- Fife Rehabilitation Service
- Rheumatology Service
- Mental Health Service including Child & Adolescent Mental Health and Addiction Services
Dissolution of Community Health Partnerships
Prior to 1st April 2015, local community based services were delivered across fife by Community Health Partnerships. As part of the move towards Health & Social Care integration, the committees governing the CHPs were disolved on 31st March 2015. NHS Fife has a range of Governance Committees in place and these Committees, along with the Health Board and the Health and Social Care Partnership’s Shadow Board, will ensure that there continues to be robust oversight, scrutiny and leadership in place.
Services previously delived by Community Health Partnerships will continue to be delivered as before.