Visiting Times - Women and Children's Services
Published: Sunday 22 Mar 2020
You may well be aware that we have had to change our visiting ours in response to coronavirus, in order to reduce the numbers of visitors passing through our hospitals.
To help protect pregnant women and young patients, the following restrictions are currently in place:-
- Antenatal Clinic - Women only
- 1 birth partner only - On admission partner must remain throughout. No changing of support partners or leaving the building to smoke etc. Partner must not have symptoms of covid-19 or be self-isolating.
- Ultrasound - booking/NT scan - 1 support person only (all other scans women only)
- Fetal Medicine - 1 support person
- Early Pregnancy Service - 1 support person
- Maternity Assessment / Triage – 1 support person
- Daycare - Women only
- No children under 14
- 1 parent at a time in Children’s Ward and Neonatal Unit
We appreciate these measures are far from ideal but are unfortunately necessary in the circumstances if we are to limit the risks to expectant mums and our younger patients.