NHS Credit Union Comes to Fife
NHS Fife staff will shortly have the opportunity to consider and improve their financial health by becoming members of the NHS Credit Union.
The NHS Credit Union was started in November 1998 by founder member Robert Rae at the Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, with the expressed aim of getting the workforce saving and lending to each other as a community.
In the more than 20 years since, the NHS Credit Union has expanded dramatically and now offers a wide range of financial services to more than 17,500 NHS employees and their family members, as well as NHS contractors, from across Scotland and the North of England.
The NHS Credit Union offers a range of savings accounts, with members choosing how much - or how little - they want to save, all of which can be deducted directly from their monthly salary. It also offers loan products suited to members' needs, with the focus being on the member's ability to afford repayments.
While credit unions offer many of the same services as High Street banks, they operate a different business model with members electing the directors. As the NHS Credit Union it is a financial co-operative, it is owned and controlled by its members with any profits either re-invested in the business or distributed among members by way of a dividend.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of becoming NHS Credit Union members, why not come to one of the following roadshows, where representatives of the Credit Union will be on hand to answer any questions you may have:-
- Thurs 24 January 2019 - Dining Room, Queen Margaret Hospital (10.30am to 3.00pm)
- Friday 01 February 2019 - VHK Phase 3 (10.30am to 3.00pm)
- Friday 8 February 2019 - Training Room 1, Cameron Hospital (9am – 5pm)
- Monday 11 February 2019 - Meeting Room 3, Glenrothes Hospital (1pm – 4pm)
- Tuesday 12 February 2019 - Boardroom, Stratheden Hospital (9am – 3pm)
- Thursday 14 February 2019 - Group Health Room, Adamson Hospital (9am – 3pm)
- Monday 18 February 2019 - Training Room 2, Randolph Wemyss Memorial Hospital (1pm – 4pm)
- Wednesday 20 February 2019 - Seminar Rm 3, St Andrews Community Hospital (10am-2pm)
- Monday 25 February 2019 - Conference Room 1, Lynebank Hospital (11am – 3pm)
The credit union is operated by a board of volunteer directors, who oversee a staff of 17 people. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Find out more about the NHS Credit Union by visiting: https://www.nhscreditunion.com