Active Options 2 is a physical activity programme for people in Fife who have a long term health condition. There are 4 levels of class which are based on functional ability rather than condition.
What difference can being more active make to you?
Increasing your activity levels can make a huge difference to your physical health and emotional wellbeing. Regular physical activity:
• Is good for your heart and lungs and can make your breathing easier
• Strengthens muscles, joints and bones to make every day activities easier
• Improves sense of wellbeing and mood
• Improves sleep
• Reduces risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer Government guidelines advise that adults should be active for 150 minutes per week. This activity can be done in bouts of 10 minutes or more but should make you feel a bit warmer, breath harder and make your heart beat faster.
What are the Active Options 2 health classes?
The aim of the class is to get you moving a bit more and to improve your strength and balance. The classes are of different levels and you will be referred to the level appropriate to your needs and ability.
What difference can attending a health class make to you?
Participants currently attending health classes have told us:
• I feel stronger
• I feel fitter
• I can go up the stairs more easily
• It’s a good way of meeting people
• The classes are friendly and good fun
• It gets me out and I feel better after
To be referred into the programme, please ask your health or social care professional to make a referral. The price of the class is £3.60 (subject to annual increase).
Referrals are accepted for the following long term conditions:
- Diabetes Type 1 and 2
Referrals are also accepted for patients who have been referred via the following pathways:
- Pain Management
- ICASS – falls
- Tier 3 Weight Management
- Fife Rheumatic Diseases Unit
For more information on the programme please visit our website www.fifeleisure.org.uk or contact the Health & Wellbeing Co-ordinators on:
03451 55 55 55 Ext 402272
Email – email@example.com