The Podiatrist promotes mobility gain and prevention of pain in active clients and ensures minimal pressure areas and deformities in less able clients by:
- providing a specialist service where local services cannot adapt to the individual needs of someone with a learning disability
- providing specialist information, advice and training to other Podiatry staff
- providing specialist advice and support to clients, carers other members of the Team and family
- identifying the problems with foot health and aim to overcome them
- raising awareness of the foot health inequalities in people with a learning disability to other professionals
- plan for the long term care of clients with complex needs
The Podiatry department continually develops it's role and expertise to this vulnerable patient group.