Strategic Framework Logo
This Framework has been developed in partnership with our staff and patients, and outlines the vision and values we believe will enable us to continue delivery good quality, person-centred care and is based on the approach that what matters to you, matters to us.
It formally sets out NHS Fife’s vision, mission and values alongside our aspirations and objectives.
Although the organisation already works within and is guided by these principles, the Strategic Framework presents this in a clear and concise manner.
NHS Fife Chief Executive
- The people of Fife live long and healthy lives
- Transforming health and care in Fife to be the best
- Safety First
- Dignity & Respect
- Care & Compassion
- Fairness & Transparency
We aspire to be Person-Centred
- listen to what matters to you and treat you as an individual;
- design services in partnership with service users, carers and communities;
- give you choices and information;
- create environments that encourage caring and positive outcomes for all;
- develop and redesign services that put patients first, supporting independent living and self-management of health through the integration of health and social care.
We aspire to be An Exemplar Employer
- create time and space for continuous learning;
- listen to and involve staff at all levels of the organisation;
- give staff the skills, resources and equipment needed to do their jobs;
- encourage and expect all staff to take appropriate decisions;
- encourage staff to be ambassadors for health and social care in Fife;
- create high performing multi-professional clinical teams through clinical education and development;
- Equip people to be the best leaders.
We aspire to be Clinically Excellent
- work with you to ensure you receive the best possible care;
- ensure there is no avoidable harm;
- achieve and maintain recognised quality standards;
- ensure that NHS Fife’s environment is clean, tidy, well maintained, safe and something to be proud of;
- embed patient safety consistently across all aspects of healthcare provision;
- support research, innovation and quality improvement which will see NHS Fife as a centre of excellence.
We aspire to be Sustainable
- ensure the maximum impact of our resources in the promotion of health and wellbeing;
- increase efficiency and reduce waste;
- ensure that our activities are cost effective and within budget;
- ensure that all service redesign and development makes the most effective use of resources and avoids waste and unwarranted variation;
- develop, in collaboration with our partners, our property and assets to meet the changing needs of health and social care provision.
For more information contactJann Gardner, Director of Planning and Strategic Partnerships/ Interim Chief Operating Officer (Acute Services)
Contact Jann Gardner online
By Post: NHS Fife, Hayfield House Hayfield Road Kirkcaldy Fife KY2 5AH