Severe and Enduring Mental Illness
What do we provide?
We provide a range of services for adults aged 18-65 with severe and enduring mental illness. We see patients in several hospitals and clinics throughout Fife. We work closely with other staff in mental illness services. The specialty offers:
- Mental function assessments to identify problems such as memory or concentration difficulties. This information is used to guide rehabilitation and treatment.
- Psychological assessments to guide on treatment plans.
- Therapy to help patients to cope with severe and enduring mental illness and its effects.
- Information for families and carers about the illness.
- A major role of this service is providing consultancy services and training to other NHS staff.
How can I be referred?
Most referrals are made by psychiatrists. You can be referred by your GP and other staff involved in your care.
Where are we based?
The office base for the service is the Clinical Psychology Department, Stratheden Hospital, Springfield, Cupar (01334 696336).
For more information contactNHS Fife, Switchboard
Tel: 01592 643355
By Post: NHS Fife, Hayfield House Hayfield Road Kirkcaldy Fife KY2 5AH