C&YP Community Nursing
Children & Young People's Community Nursing Service
Lead Nurse: Lynn Mushet
Welcome to the Children & Young People's Community Nursing Service which aims to provide high quality, safe and effective care across a variety of settings.
The values of Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC) are embedded across all service areas supporting families by making sure children and young people can receive the right help, at the right time, from the right people. The aim is to help them to grow up feeling loved, safe and respected so that they can realise their full potential.
The GIRFEC approach:-
- is child-focused - it ensures the child or young person - and their family - is at the centre of decision -making and the support available to them.
- is based on an understanding of the wellbeing of a child in their current situation - it takes into consideration the wider influences on a child or young person and their developmental needs when thinking about their wellbeing, so that the right support can be offered.
- is based on tackling needs early - it aims to ensure needs are identified as early as possible to avoid bigger concerns or problems developing.
- requires joined-up working - It is about children, young people, parents, and the services they need working together in a co-ordinated way to meet the specific needs and improve their wellbeing.
The team is led by Fife Health & Social Care partnership providing a Fife wide service.
The service areas within the Children & Young People's Community Nursing Service include:-
- Community Children nursing based at Queen Margaret Hospital
- Acute Home Visiting Service based at VHK
- Children & Young People's Continence Service
- Special Schools - Calaiswood (Dunfermline), Kilmaron (Cupar), John Fergus (Glenrothes), Rosslyn (Kirkcaldy), Hyndhead (Cupar)
- Community Children's LD Team
- community Children's ADHD Team based at Whyteman's Brae
- Glenmar Respite Unit - Markinch
- Home Care Service
- Child Development Centre - High Valleyfield, Gordon Cottage (Kelty), Leven and Forth (Glenrothes)
The Senior Nursing Management Team are based at the Carnegie Unit, Queen Margaret Hospital.
LEAD NURSE - Lynn Mushet - 07909907422
NURSE MANAGER - Angela Wigham - 07890586387
NURSE MANAGER - Vacant Post -
For more information contactNHS Fife, Switchboard
Tel: 01592 643355
By Post: NHS Fife, Hayfield House Hayfield Road Kirkcaldy Fife KY2 5AH