Speech & Language Therapy Services for Children
Speech and Language Therapy
Any aspect of speech and language development can be delayed or disrupted. This can mean that a child needs help to communicate in an effective way. Here are some examples of the kind of difficulties that a child may experience:
- Difficulty in producing speech sounds clearly
- Difficulty in putting their ideas into words
- Difficulty in making their needs known
- Difficulty in understanding what another person is saying to them
Sometimes there may be an obvious cause that contributes to the difficulties that a child is experiencing e.g.
- A physical cause e.g. being born with a cleft palate
- A sensory cause e.g. having a hearing impairment
- A medical cause e.g. head injury following an accident
- Some children have communication support needs associated with other conditions such as Downs Syndrome or autism spectrum disorder
Sometimes there is no obvious cause or condition for their communication difficulties.
For more information contactMorag Muir, Personal Assistant
Tel: 01592 226784 Fax: 01592 716442 Contact Morag Muir online
By Post: NHS Fife, Cameron Hospital Cameron Bridge Cameron Road Windygates Leven Fife KY8 5RR