Temporary use notice

A Temporary Use Notice (TUN) will allow the use of premises for gambling where there is no Premises Licence but where a gambling operator wishes to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling. Premises that might be suitable for a TUN would include hotels, conference centres, and sporting venues.

A TUN may only be granted to a person or company holding a relevant Operating Licence issued by the Gambling Commission (for example, the holder of a Betting Operating Licence could apply to provide betting facilities at a snooker tournament).

The same set of premises may not be the subject of a TUN for more than 21 days in any 12-month period, but may be the subject of several Notices provided that the total does not exceed 21 days.

The fee for a Temporary Use Notice is £350 and the application must be lodged with the licensing authority not less than three months and one day before the day on which the gambling event will begin.

Regulation Team
Tel: 03451 55 11 77 Contact Regulation Team online
By Post: Fife House North Street Glenrothes Fife KY7 5LT
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.