Exotic, dangerous and wild animal licence

If you own a dangerous wild animal, or are thinking about owning one, you need a licence.

Note:  Zoos, Circuses and Pet Shops are exempt from having to apply for this licence as there are individual licences for these type of businesses.

You can apply for a dangerous wild animal licence online using the form which is available to the right of this page.

We will grant a licence subject to the following:

  • receipt of a completed application form
  • receipt of the appropriate fee (see attached publication for the current fee)
  • completion of a satisfactory inspection by ourselves

If you have any questions relating to this licence then contact the team on the number provided.

Further information on dangerous wild animals is available in The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 - Modification Scotland Order 2008 page on the OPSI (Office of Public Sector Information) website (external site).

Public Protection Team (lines open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 55 50
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.