Zoo licence

If you run a Zoo or Animal Park in Fife, or are thinking about starting one, you need a licence from Fife Council.

You can apply for a zoo licence online by completing theform to the right of this page.

We will grant a licence for a Zoo or Animal Park subject to the following:

  • receipt of a completed application form
  • receipt of the appropriate fee (see attached publication for the current fee)
  • completion of a satisfactory inspection of the premises by ourselves

Note: The fee payable in respect of the registration of a person under the Act will be determined on application.

The initial licence will last for four years with subsequent renewals every six years.

You are strongly advised to read the legislation and the "Secretary of States Standards on Modern Zoo Practices".  This document can be downloaded from the DEFRA website: http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/secretary-of-state-s-standards-of-modern-zoo-practice

More guidance and help is available by clicking on the DEFRA website http://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-environment-food-rural-affairs(external site).

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Please contact us on the details provided if you require any further information.

Public Protection Team (lines open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 55 50
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.