Advice before applying for permission
We provide a pre-application advice service for business. If you require this service, choose one of the following application forms and return to firstname.lastname@example.org, once completed.
Pre Application Advice
Pre Application Enquiry - Non Householder Applications
Pre Application Enquiry Form - Listed Buildings
Pre-Application Enquiry - Householder
To receive pre-application advice, you will need to submit the following information with your request:
- A completed application form
- A clear description of the proposed development
- The address of the application site
- An ordnance survey based location plan at a scale of 1:1250 or 1:2500 which outlines the application site in RED
- Details of the means of access to the site (if applicable)
The fee for this service costs half the planning application fee for the proposal, up to a maximum of £500. A list of all our fees can be found by clicking here.
If you are trying to find out if a proposal requires planning permission then you should complete a Certificate of Lawfulness application and this can be found by visiting www.eplanning.scot.
Benefits of pre application advice includes:
- Giving you an opportunity to understand how policies and guidance will be applied to your proposal.
- Identifying at an early stage where there is a need for specialist input for example contamination, transport, ecology.
- It may flag up that the proposal is unacceptable which could save you the cost of submitting a formal application.
- It may lead to a reduction in time dealing with the formal application.
- This service is confidential and no information will appear on our public site.
We will provide you with:
- An assessment of the planning merits of the proposal
- How the proposal relates to key local plan policies and guidance
- Details of submission requirements
- Advice on the likely timescale for completing the planning process
- An outline of the material planning issues
It would be helpful if you can provide as much information as possible as this will allow us to provide more specific pre application advice.
Please note - pre-application advice cannot guarantee whether a planning application will be successful.