Child Performance Licence

You may require a child entertainment licence if your production or activity includes children under school leaving age as defined on the UK Government website.

Productions and activities include:

  • television
  • filming
  • theatre
  • modelling
  • sport


You need a licence so we can make sure that the child's learning and welfare are protected during the production or activity.

To apply for an individual licence download the form below (Children’s Performance Licence Application Form).

For amateur production, where a group of children are not being paid for taking part.

A Body of Persons Approval can be sought instead of applying for individual licences (theatres, youth groups, etc.). download the form below (Application for a Body of Persons Licence).

Applications must be received at least 21 days before the production takes place.

You can find more information about child performances on the Scottish Government website



Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.