Building Standards and Public Safety

Use the quick links at the top and menu on the left of this page to find out more about the services provided by the Building Standards & Public Safety Team.

Building regulations are the minimum standard of construction you need to achieve if you are erecting, altering, extending, converting or demolishing a building.  A building warrant is the permission required before you start work.  Some work does not require a building warrant, but the regulations may still apply - please check our Building Warrants and Completion Certificates page for more information.

If you need further information: 


Private Water Supplies
If you have a private water supply that has run dry and you require an emergency supply of drinking water please contact us on the following number for advice and assistance -


  • 03451 55 11 22 within office hours
  • Or 03451 55 00 99 in the evenings and weekends.



Your Enquiry

Please give details below about the nature of your enquiry.

Send enquiry to: Building Standards & Public Safety

If you want to complain about the services you've received from Fife Council please click here



Your Contact Details

Please provide your preferred contact details so we can reply to your enquiry. Privacy Statement

NOTE: Do Not Alter This Field:

Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.